Okay, so it’s a pitch, but you’ve got to humor a bookseller once in a while. The picture today is another self-indulgence on my part, a dip back into the memory banks to enjoy Nikki enjoying the snow-filled meadow. And here now, without further ado, are my top ten reasons for giving books as gifts::
10. They can be opened again and again and again.
9. If treated well, they never wear out.
8. They add character and warmth to any room.
7. You can’t go wrong on size or color.
6. You can enjoy them yourself before you give them.
5. They are easy to wrap and ship.
4. They’re fun for kids despite the approval of parents and teachers.
3. They are equally at home in the woods and in the city.
2. They require no batteries or outside power source.
1. You’re adding to the recipient’s lifetime pleasure.