Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tree Decorations by Mother Nature






What a difference a day makes when the sky goes from leaden grey to bright, clear blue! The unharvested plums were colorful yesterday but would undoubtedly look brighter today, as did the red and yellow fruits I captured on my way from home to Northport. Then north of town, where Sarah and I went for our walk-run (she the latter, I the former) there were more decorated trees and shrubs, all popping out in the wonderful sunshine. When we bring trees indoors and hang them with ornaments, it is only a refinement on what has first been done by nature.







7 comments:

Deborah said...

I love seeing these photos - thanks Pamela!

P. J. Grath said...

Glad you liked them, Deborah. I added another one at the top. And don't those rose hips look like some kind of cartoon character?

Gerry said...

Those are lovely, and hands down the pinecone is loveliest to me. The rose hips do indeed resemble a cartoon character - one with googly eyes and a long nose.

Jessica Winder said...

These trees with their fruits look really lovely. As you say, they look as good as anything we decorate trees with indoors. The red berries photograph in particular is superb. It's funny how the sunshine makes such a difference to how we perceive things - everything was there before but just waiting for the spotlight to turn on them.

P. J. Grath said...

"My heart's in a pickle, it's constantly fickle." My favorite decorated tree, whether indoors or out, is always the tree I'm near.

Raph G. Neckmann said...

Wonderful! What are the bluish fruits?

I like how the Moomintrolls decorated their tree for Christmas.

P. J. Grath said...

Hi, Raph. Would you believe they are plums? I have no idea why they weren't harvested from this orchard.