Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Children's Choir Christmas Concert This Weekend

As a school musician (violinist) from fourth grade through high school, I remember how hard we worked getting ready for our concerts and what a big deal they were for us. Northport Community Arts Center (NCAC) is very fortunate to be the home performance ground for the third year in a row to the Leelanau Children's Choir and Youth Ensemble. These kids put on a great show--don't miss it! Tickets are available at Dog Ears Books, but do not wait until Friday afternoon to get them, or Helen will have picked them up, and you'll have to stand in line at the auditorium!

4 comments:

Susan Och said...

I have been driving Anna to rehearsals and then staying to help with the costuming. I spent last night hemming just one dress and couldn't figure out why it took so long. When I finished, nearly three hours later, I spread the thing out and calculated that the one dress had 15 feet of hem.

I could hear snippets of the rehearsal and have found myself humming one of the new pieces, "Star of Bethlehem. It is new to me, but Anna says that she heard it in the movie "Home Alone", during the chapel scene.

P. J. Grath said...

My mother had it easy when I was in orchestra. Girls wore black skirts and white blouses, boys wore black pants and white shirts, and we all wore gold cummerbunds, which we all hated. But the music was the thing--the music was glorious. I'll look forward to "Star of Bethlehem."

Susan Och said...

Do you have any books on sewing? Anna is learning to sew, but it seems to be really out of style. Borders had six aisles of cookbooks but nothing on sewing.

P. J. Grath said...

Susan, I have a very nice set of books on sewing, published by Time-Life, that starts out with a volume on "Classic Techniques" and also has volumes on "The Personal Touch," "Restyling Your Wardrobe," "Boutique Attire" and "Exotic Styling." Individual volumes priced at $4.50. Very well illustrated, both in color and with the practical drawings showing how to do everything. I'll look for more, but when I saw your question I thought of this set right away....