Search This Blog

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Summer Days Bring Plenty of Variety


Run for Sarah, then Farmers Market for me. Good to see so many people selling and buying delicious local food, customers carrying away their hauls in everything from cloth bags to woven baskets. My Friday routine these days includes bringing a cooler to town to keep my fruits and vegetables happy until the end of the day.



I had a surprise visit from an artist from Sedona, Arizona. Xandi’s mother summers in Northport and had supplied me with some of the artist’s beautiful notecards, produced from her original work. They are bright, beautiful and lots of fun, I’m happy to have them in the bookstore, and it was good to meet the artist in person.

Later at home, relaxing with family was the order of the day. The grandchildren and their mom and I picked black raspberries for our ice cream dessert, but I was too busy having a good time to take a lot of pictures, even of Sarah’s great joy in having boys to play with! She did not want them to leave this morning! Of course, neither did we, but it so good to have them here, and today I’ll be thinking of them having fun in the U.P. on their way home to Minnesota.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does it get any better than this? I think not.

P. J. Grath said...

About as good as it gets, for sure. Lucky us!