Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

All Over the (Site) Map

Reader, beware! You never know what you’ll find on this blog from one day to the next. Is forewarned forearmed? Here are a few of the more obvious possibilities:

Announcements of coming bookstore events: These comes under the heading of shameless self-promotion, but if I am not for me, who will be for me?

Book reviews: That’s self-explanatory, isn’t it? And kind of what you’d expect on a blog called “Books in Northport.” If you want to hunt reviews out specifically, use the search tool at the top of the page and ask for "book reviews."

Other book chat: Sometimes I ramble on about what I’m reading, giving samples and snippets without doing a full-blown review. This winter I may give an informal tour through my private library.

Bookstore and community news: Again, self-explanatory and unsurprising, right?

Dog stuff: Who doesn’t love pictures of Sarah? Sometimes there are pictures of Sarah and friends!

Gardening and cooking notes: News from the garden is seasonal, of course, as is news from the kitchen, but the kitchen operates year-round. Occasionally a recipe might sneak in.

Travel notes: Whenever I’m fortunate enough to have an adventure to share, I’ll share it, even if it’s only a drive down to Cedar to shop at Bunting’s Market.

Political rants: Who can help it? Once in a while the steam builds up and needs to be released.

Economic rants: Well, I’m not alone here, either, am I?

Grammar rants: I try not to go overboard with these, but occasionally one or more of my pet peeves itches so badly it needs to be scratched.

Philosophy: I keep this to a minimum, as doesn’t interest too many people, but it interests me greatly, so sometimes it muscles its way in. No, let’s be honest—I invite it in. I just don’t expect a lot of comments on those posts.

There. This doesn’t cover all the ground but hits major high points of ground I may touch on here. There are usually photos, too, but for those who want more pictures and less talk, see my photo blog, “A Shot in the Light.”

There. Now don’t say you weren’t given fair warning.

Today is the last day of firearm hunting season. I hope all who needed the meat got their deer. Sarah isn't watching the calendar, but I keep an eye on it for her, and we will enjoy the return of our outdoor freedom and safety.

4 comments:

Farshaw@FineOldBooks.com said...

Rant away: love the energy and passion.

P. J. Grath said...

The energy sometimes flags, and then passion has to take a nap before returning, refreshed, to active life. :)

Dawn said...

I'll pay more attention to the philosophy discussions as that's never been a strength of mine. It's good to broaden horizons!

P. J. Grath said...

Dawn, you are a very good sport!