Search This Blog

Monday, November 23, 2009

Recently Near Home


The wide landscape images today are from last Friday, as afternoon merged into evening. The closeup shots of warm brown pine needles (pinestraw) on a paved driveway (not ours!) were taken Saturday morning and show how even "civilized" settings are softened by unexpected natural patterns. These were formed by a combination of the forces of gravity, wind and water.




I'm trying something here that I haven't tried before, so we'll see if it works. The mutual friend (hers and ours) who made the slideshow for Claudia's memorial has sent me the code, and I'm going to try to upload it here.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pam, the video is only partially visible. You might have to adjust the width in the code to fit into your column.

Those patterns on pavement are very eye-catching. Nature is everywhere. You just need the eyes to see.

P. J. Grath said...

Amy-Lynn, when I clicked on the start arrow, I couldn't see the whole screen, but if I clicked in the middle of the image I was redirected (right word?) and got the whole wide screen.