Search This Blog

Friday, November 30, 2007

Cozy in the Bookstore



"Oh, the weather outside is frightful," indeed! Bitter, cold wind, sloppy roads, treacherous footing. No need to look at the calendar to know what time of year it is. Stephanie next door at Funky Mama's consignment shop is decorating her tree, and I'm trying to settle on exactly what I'll prepare and serve at our joint open house tomorrow (5-9 p.m., in case you haven't gotten the message for the last two days!), and both of us are trying not to freak out over the forecast of a possible storm tomorrow afternoon. Do we need a "snow date"? Right now I'm just hoping for the best. After all, weather forecasts have been wrong before (within the past week, in fact), and as the last person through the door reminded me, "People up here are used to winter." We are Up North, in all seasons! I type these words as blowing snow is almost horizontal, with the occasional swirling funnel....

No comments: