Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Briefly

Most of my mental energy today is going toward making up book order lists and planning for Saturday evening’s open house here at Dog Ears (and next door at Funky Mama’s) from 5-9 p.m., planning that involves lots of cookbook reading and the making of grocery lists. Lists, lists! Naughty or nice? One customer told me this morning that their family decided to give only books for Christmas, “no more junk!” Books are good! Cookies are nice, too, though!

Anyway, here are a couple of short items for today:

First, according to Franklin D.Martini’s book, THE MEANING OF DREAMS, the answer to my question this past fall, “Why Elephants?” is that “To dream that you see an elephant is a happy omen; it tells of peace and prosperity. To dream of many means you will gain fame and fortune. To feed one denotes a job change.” Fine! Peace and prosperity appeal to me more than fame and fortune, which would bring as many problems as they would solve, I’m thinking.

Then, you might want to take a brief look at the dizzying World Clock site. (Thanks, sister BJ, for calling this to my attention.) I could only watch the figures race upwards for a couple of minutes before becoming overwhelmed and turning back to printed paper pages, but the question stays in my head: What kind of world will we leave to our grandchildren?

No comments: