Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Summing Up

That's Sally Coohon, president of the Northport-Omena Chamber of Commerce and a tireless worker on behalf of our community. You can see her good spirit in her smile. Tonight was the annual meeting, preceded by dinner at Knot Just a Bar in Omena. (It was my first visit to the new restaurant. The Greek salad with pita wedges and lamb strips reminded me of Tarpon Springs, Florida.) Meeting stayed right on track. Great job, Sally! It was a terrific year for Northport: we're well on the way back up!

Now, what book will I fall asleep over tonight? Will it be THE ROAD, by Cormac McCarthy, which I today committed to reading, or will it be the other book I couldn't help picking up and starting at the end of the Dog Ears day today, IT STOPS WITH ME: MEMOIR OF A CANUCK GIRL, by Charleen Touchette?

No comments: