Search This Blog

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Revisiting Yesterday's Sunshine

This morning's curtain is going up on a very different kind of day, but I'm not ready yet to dwell in and on autumn rain, so I open today with an image from yesterday.

My first wakeful thoughts today were of Edwin Way Teale and the customer who recently bought her second Teale book to read aloud to her husband in the nursing home in Suttons Bay. Her husband planted thousands of trees in his abler years and enjoys this kind of writing, so I loaned her Henrich's THE TREES IN MY FOREST to read to him, also. I appreciate that this reading is something they can still do together.

The main bookstore project on today's agenda (at least as far as I can foresee, because who knows what may come up?) will be continuing promotion for Erin Hartman's October 27 appearance, which is not much more than a week away.

3 comments:

TQ said...

I enjoyed your blog. A couple of extras for me.
Nice picture of the sunshine tree, cool name of the book store, and insightful comments on Hope for Carsonville.
TQ

P. J. Grath said...

Thanks, Tony. Always good to hear from a Quinlan!

John said...

Another Teale fan here -- and a blogger briefly between two blogs. Last weekend my partner and I took delight visiting Trail Wood, the Teales' farm in Connecticut.

Are you aware that you wrote about Teale on the anniversary of his death on October 18, 1980?