Search This Blog

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Book Party in Three Weeks


I couldn't find it online, but there is a book review today (Sunday, Oct. 7) in the "Northern Living" section of the Traverse City Record-Eagle (p. E8) that I wish you all could read. The author, Erin Q. Hartman of Suttons Bay, will be at Dog Ears Books in Northport on Saturday, Oct. 27, to read from her memoir, HOPE FOR CARSONVILLE: A DAUGHTER'S MEMOIR. I agree with everything the newspaper writer said except for his tagging the story "gritty." That's much too strong and negative a word. There are some tough episodes in this family story, but there is no shortage of love. But come hear Erin read in three weeks, and you can judge for yourself. This is Hartman's writing debut. I'm predicting a big success for HOPE. And I'm sure that three weeks from now we will have seen the end of the unseasonable and enervating heat that has had some people today complaining and others jumping in the lake.

No comments: