Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

"The Last Bookshop"?


The building is undergoing renovation inside and out.
Last bookshop??? How would you feel?

As a booklover and bookseller and a lifelong lover of bookstores old and new, I cannot resist movies with bookstore themes. Well, here’s another, a new one. The old bookseller waited 25 years for a customer....

-- Just back after viewing: DO NOT MISS THIS! I wanted to reach out and pluck books from the shelves! “It’s a book.  . . .  It will give you memories of things you will never experience.” Magic! The old bookseller character is wonderful!

I wouldn’t be able to hang on in Northport for 25 years (July will be the 20-year mark) without my faithful local clientele and all the summer visitors we’ll soon be welcoming back, but this week’s author event, please remember, will take place not at the bookstore (still undergoing remodeling) but across the street at Brew North. Visiting author Loreen Niewenhuis will be on hand to share her latest adventure with us, A 1,000-Mile Great Lakes Walk. Come to Brew North a little after noon on Thursday, and be prepared to be inspired.

We will have rearranged by month's end.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

I loved that movie! I was sorry it ended.

dmarks said...

Movies with book themes. There's a strong one in the children's bird/Brazil movie "Rio", which I need to blog about yet...

P. J. Grath said...

I have added a link to "The Last Bookshop" in my permanent layout so people can find it without having to come through this particular post. Look up in right-hand corner.