Search This Blog

Sunday, August 9, 2009

And There Was Still More Going On

We had a lot of noteworthy visitors on Saturday, but I'm afraid that if I start listing them I'll leave out someone important, so I'll focus on Doug Stanton, author of Horse Soldiers: The Extraordinary Story of a Band of U.S. Soldiers Who Rode to Victory in Afghanistan. Doug has been busy all summer, first with a national book tour and then with the Traverse City Film Festival, but he got out to Northport this weekend with his young son, Will, to see the dog parade and sign books at Dog Ears. At least, he came in before the parade and offered to come in afterward to sign books, and I seized on the opportunity. Having him here was a special treat not only for me but for bookstore customers who had a chance to meet him and get a book personally inscribed.

What a day! Our overnight company, friends from Walloon Lake, visited the Wine and Food Festival down in Haserot Park and got in on the very beginning of the Gallery Walk before they had to leave for home, promising to return in two weeks for the Woolsey Fly-In and Lobster Dinner at the lighthouse. Northport--what a place!

No comments: