Search This Blog

Friday, March 8, 2013

Reporting for Life, But Briefly


Quick, short note today. First, thanks to everyone who commented on my recent post on book titles. Anyone who hasn't left a comment yet is still welcome to do so. The more, the merrier!

I don't have a lot to say today because (1) I've been reading too many books to stop to write about any of them; (2) the sun is shining, and the snow is sparkling, and it makes me giddy; and (3) I have a fresh letter from a friend that arrived in my p.o. box today that I can't wait to open over another cup of herbal tea. Sigh! The luxury of reading a real letter -- on a sunny day of stars on the snow -- still recovering from laughing my way through The Guinea Pig Diaries, by A. J. Jacobs -- Sarah at my side -- David not far away. Life is good.

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Awww...big happy sigh....

P. J. Grath said...

Yeah, it was a great day! But my title? Not so great. FOR life, FROM life, OF life? I didn't even care! Spring fever is starting to work on me, clearly.

Kathy said...

What a sweet little post. Loved it. Love that moment when "Life is good". Will meander to your book titles blog next. Have been reading "Major Pettigrew's Last Stand" and am really loving it. Have you read it?

Anonymous said...

Love the paw prints in the snow photo!
Marjorieob

P. J. Grath said...

No, Kathy, I haven't read that novel. I've been reading a lot of nonfiction lately and am thinking that my mind engages differently with fiction and nonfiction. But that's a topic for another day.

Marjorie, I'm glad you like the photo. I like the way the simple shadow bisects the frame asymmetrically.