Search This Blog

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Holiday Plans and Holiday News


My plans, of course, are always subject to revision, but despite the beginning of what has been forecast as a 36-hour storm, I have made it to Northport this morning, and the bookstore will be open at 11 a.m. Yes! We are here, we are local, and we are OPEN! Schools are closed, and the roads are bad enough that I wouldn't be keen to drive to Traverse City today myself.

Then what? Will we be socked in at the farm tomorrow, or will we make it to Northport again? I'm hoping for the latter and that the bookstore will also be open all weekend--Saturday until 5 o'clock and Sunday until about 3. Then on Monday, Christmas Eve, I'll have my Emergency Last-Minute Gift Wrapping Table set up for customers who waited until or got caught short at--well, you get it.

For the rest of today's post, I want to share an e-mail I got from Traverse City author Jerry Dennis, most recently at Dog Ears Books with artist Glenn Wolff to sign copies of The Windward Shore: A Winter on the Great Lakes. Here is their latest public offering, in Jerry's words:

I’m happy to announce that Glenn Wolff, Chad Pastotnik, and I have teamed up to produce a second edition of our classic limited-edition broadside, “The Trout in Winter.” The first edition of 60 came out in December 2000, quickly sold out, and is now highly sought after. This new one, signed and numbered in an edition of 65, has some new features, including Glenn’s engraving of a stonefly nymph in the lower right corner and Chad’s gold ink on caps and typographical tweaks. The text itself is unchanged (read the story of the notorious “e’s” on my blog. The price is $225 (plus shipping). Please feel free to contact me with any questions. 

For more information you can also visitn Deep Wood Press and/or go to Glenn’s Facebook page for a gallery of photos of us at work on the project. 

Happy Holidays!

Happy holidays to you, Jerry, Glenn, and Chad! You all do beautiful work!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Be safe. Being socked in at the farm sounds kind of fun. The book sounds wonderful too. If I don't get back here, please have a wonderful holiday!