Search This Blog

Friday, April 9, 2010

My Own Private Side Trip

There are so many inviting paths, dirt roads, winding creeks and branches and rivers. They teased me all along the road. Finally, while we were stopped at a rest area along I-65 in Tennessee, I took advantage of having to "walk the dog." Sarah was amenable, and David had a guy to talk to about a Jaguar, so I figure we wouldn't be missed for a while.


Across the rest area, past the trucks, to the other side and down a path that led to the bank of the river. Violets were blooming. The river was coursing along. Rock cliffs towered. There were no loud trucks or speeding cars. It was a time to take deep breaths of fresh air.









I didn't have a canoe, but for a few minutes I was there.

7 comments:

Karen said...

Hurray you're almost back! Looking forward to seeing you, plus I am doing yet another purge of my books and have a few bags for you!

P. J. Grath said...

Now we ARE back, Karen! I'll be in and out of the bookstore this coming week--so much to do both there and at home--so whenever anyone catches me, I'm fair game. Probably open next Saturday for real.

Anonymous said...

Oh joy, now I know it's really spring. Didn't you get a pretty day for your homecoming? Isn't Tennessee just the most lovely place? Road trips are the best. Except for home. Welcome home.

Anonymous said...

Heard "rumors" that you had made it back home. Welcome back to Michgan, Pamela!

P. J. Grath said...

Thanks for the Michigan welcome. I always think the sign at the state line should say "Welcome HOME"!

Dawn said...

Ahhh....lovely.

P. J. Grath said...

There's just something about spring....