Search This Blog

Monday, September 21, 2009

Landmarks Whiz By

Birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, births, funerals. (I hate to include divorces in the list, but they happen, too.) Sarah’s birthday, the one we chose for her based on her age of four months when adopted, did not go unmarked. I did, however, let the second anniversary of Books in Northport slip by without mention. Saw it coming ahead of time, but then we were on vacation.... The day before our return, September 13, was two years from my first post.

What to say about this overall project and its two years (so far) of existence? Have I strayed from my original mission? Scaled the heights or fallen down on the job or both, depending on the day’s post under consideration? That’s not for me to say. I do enjoy sharing my world—Northport, Dog Ears Books, the beauty of northern Michigan, the delight given to me by books and dogs—and am pleased when other people, who also enjoy these topics, visit and comment. And now, you few, you happy few, is there anything you’d like to see changed, expanded or omitted in future? I don’t promise to honor all requests but will take each one (if any there are) under careful consideration.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Pamela, on two years of sharing your heart, your thoughts and the images of your life with us. I love your blog. My only comment would be that your shorter entries feel more accessible than your very long entries, which sometimes make me feel badly because I don't want to read the whole thing. On the other hand, I know your very long entries are written from some passion, a good and rare thing.

Gerry said...

I like the predictable quality and the utterly unpredictable variety: Sarah, Northport, changing seasons, books and bookselling, a Florida vacation, horses. I like learning new things and nodding my head over things that resonate for me. I just enjoy easing back for a little chat.

P. J. Grath said...

Susan? I guess I will remain "unpredictable," as Gerry puts it, which means you will sometimes get the shorter posts you like and sometimes the long ones that send you, UNINTENTIONALLY, on a guilt trip. Remember the delight of SCROLLING, and when something is too long and/or uninteresting for you on any particular day, move that little blue bar down the page to check for pictures. It's a rare post of mine that does not include images.

And on this note, please scroll down my list of blogs to find the Grand Marais "agate lady" and visit her site. Lots of wonderful U.P. pictures there! And she was one of the many people walking the Mackinac Bridge the day we were stalled in traffic south of the Straits, waiting for the walkers to get clear of the traffic lanes. Michigan is a big state but a small world.

Deborah said...

Congratulations on the two year anniversary. I appreciate reading the blogs on books you're reading - you have given me books to read which I otherwise would never have known about let alone been able to read and appreciate. I also love reading abour Northport, Florida, philosophy, etc. Your blog makes me feel closer to you than the miles which separate us. Thanks!

P. J. Grath said...

Today's post (Tuesday) is short, for Anonymous, mentions books, for Deborah, and I predict that Gerry will like the plums.