Search This Blog

Monday, December 18, 2023

Someone Is Two Years Old Today

First picture I saw of her


First time I met her

Sunny Juliet is two years old today, Monday, the 18th day of December, and she is not suffering from the “terrible twos” at all -- that is, I am not suffering terrible twos with her. The little crybaby puppy (“Tiny Girl”) and teen barker (“Naughty Girl”) has settled down considerably. She still barks on occasion (often public occasions I would rather did not include barking), but in general the challenging, demanding, willful, opinionated puppy has become a pretty grownup dog girl and a delightful companion.

Naughtiest thing she ever did (when about a year old) 

Summer tennis ball play in the yard



(Does that video work???)


Sunny and I are staying in Michigan all winter this year -- quite possibly from now on; time will tell -- and that’s fine. Although without canine encouragement, it’s unlikely that I would be going out for early morning walks every cold winter day, starting before the sun has crested the wooded horizon and regardless of how hard the wind is blowing, she needs it, so we do it, and it’s good for both of us. Fresh air! Exercise! Cold doesn’t faze the little girl, and she loves snow!


Last year in Arizona snow

First big Michigan snow for Sunny

Sunny is accustomed to my daily routine, always ready for more time outdoors when afternoon brings us back together after my work day. She will never learn to read books, and I will never have her keen nose for invisible trails in the grass, but Sunny is patient with my morning and evening reading, and I make sure we have ample time outdoors. Learning to be patient has been good for Sunny, and time outdoors is always good for me. Voilà! We both gain and enjoy each other more when we give each other time and space to indulge our respective gifts and loves.


Happy birthday, little girl! The momma loves you!


Sunny wants more snow!





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Sunny! You sure are beautiful, and smart! You make us all smike.

Anonymous said...

Smile.

Karen Casebeer said...

Happy birthday, Sunny. You are such a good and smart girl. And, yes, the video works fine. It was amazing to watch her jump.

Angie said...

She is such a beautiful girl, and I love how the two of you have grown into each other. :D. Happy happy birthday, sweet girl. I'm looking forward to healing from this horror of a year, physically, so that I can be owned by another furry body. Merry Christmas to both of you!
Angie

P. J. Grath said...

On behalf of my nonreader dog, thank you all for her birthday greetings. And Angie, I certainly hope you will be strong and healthy in the coming year and once again have a constant canine companion. Merry Christmas to all!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday big two year old girl! I have been following your progress online since your Momma first started posting. I sure can relate to all these stages you two have been through as my nearly one year old Lola with a lot of Aussie in her has been or is going through them as well!