Search This Blog

Friday, January 11, 2013

In Counting-Blessings Mode


There are so many, every day! From health and love and companionship to the chance to see horses almost every day on my way to work. My work itself is a blessing, as is everything that and everyone who makes it possible. So today, my gratitude and love--

To every person who has ever purchased from Dog Ears books, in person or by mail.

To every author who has appeared in my bookstore over the years, in all its different locations, to do a reading and to sign books.

To my regular bookstore customers--bless your hearts!

To all readers of my blog, regular or casual, whether you ever comment or not.

To friends and blog readers who have read my short stories, whether or not I even know who you are.

To those who gave me comments on stories, either on the blog or by e-mail or in person, for going the extra mile.

To everyone who shops regularly in Northport and who contributes in any way to the vitality of our village. That's a lot of people!

This is only a very partial list. I will be counting my blessings on a regular basis from now on—not here on the blog, in public, all the time, but to myself, for sure. Every day. My life is very blessed, and I don’t want to forget it. And I want you all to know how much I appreciate YOU!

7 comments:

Dawn said...

We appreciate you too....it's a way we get to experience 'up north' vicariously. Plus you're fun to know even if you weren't in one of my favorite places. You're right, we all have a lot to be thankful for.

P. J. Grath said...

You are a faithful commenter, Dawn, and through your blog, I get to experience dog agility classes vicariously! Too bad Sarah can't read--but then she'd be begging me to go. Maybe someday.

Kathy said...

It's good to pause and count our blessings at times. Otherwise, the non-blessings (well, what we think of as non-blessings anyway) tend to get the upper hand. It sounds like you have much in life for which to be grateful.

P. J. Grath said...

I certainly do, Kathy, and you, my blogging friends, are a bigger part of my blessings than you can ever know. Feeling "seen" and "heard"--and frequently understood, as well--warms my heart. Thank you!

Kathy said...

That warms my heart right now. Thank you, Pamela.

Anonymous said...

You have a one-of-a-kind store, Pamela, and you are a one-of-a-kind person. Dog Ears is the *star* of Northport in my book!

P. J. Grath said...

Secret admirers always appreciated, Anonymous!