Search This Blog

Friday, June 3, 2011

All of a Fidgety-Fidge


There was a sunrise and bright sunshine for a little while, but as Sarah and I went outdoors the grey clouds were already starting to move in. No good, clear shots of Lake Michigan for the blog today. The cherry blossoms are almost gone, too, starting their turn from flower to fruit. No, no cherries yet. We have to wait. Dandelions have gone to seed, but soon the vetch will be blooming deep purple. Soon. Not quite yet.



Our weather today is all of a fidgety-fidge. With “isolated thunderstorms” in the forecast for the rest of the afternoon and through the night, it feels very unsettled, and I’m unsettled, too, so close to the end of Bonnie Jo Campbell’s Once Upon a River that I am rationing my reading to a few pages at a time to put off reaching the last page of all. It’s going to be hard to wait for the book’s July release when I can share it with other people at last.

Fidgeting? Yes, but happily so. After all, Ellen Airgood will be here at Dog Ears just two weeks from today, and her novel, South of Superior (which I’ve already read twice in ARC) has a release date of June 9. That’s next Thursday! I’m hoping my order arrives before the end of next week so the people waiting for it can dive in before Ellen’s visit.

Sometimes fidgets aren’t restlessness or discontent but simple excitement. June is a very exciting month!

4 comments:

Ellen Airgood said...

You've described just the way I've been feeling, Pamela!
Ellen Airgood

P. J. Grath said...

Ellen, you must be feeling it in spades! I can't even imagine how it must be for you! But good, right? Yes, good! And now it's only 13 days until you'll be at Dog Ears on Friday, June 17

Gerry said...

I like the images of transition--and fidgety-fidge pretty well nails the feeling, too. Well, fidgety-fidge with a sprinkling of GACK.

I'm off to the shore with the dogs. Time for an attitude adjustment.

P. J. Grath said...

Okay, it isn't all starry-eyed excitement. There really is that GACK factor, too. ("I feel starry-eyed and vaguely discontented...," the song goes.) One friend is blaming her grumps on allergies, another on work stress, but there's a strong GACK current going around on these near-perfect days. Is that it? Perfection is too much for us? Maybe it's a shift in the wind or the barometric pressure, but it's another lovely day here on Monday, June 6, and there is lots of big fun on the horizon, along with all the work, so here's to GETTING PAST GACK.