Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Any (and Every) Which Way



Where am I headed? What direction should I take today? Land or shore? Mist or sun?



And are these real Canada geese? I thought it was remarkable that they stood so still in the field.


Then, on down another road, I saw a man setting decoys out in a freshly harvested cornfield. Oh. Not real geese. That explains it.


Another choice to be made! Okay, let's go to Northport and Dog Ears Books. This is a choice? Yes, and I make it anew each day.

Town is looking good. What a great place to be!




Tune in again soon for an answer to the burning question, "Why did Louis XIV love Molière so much?" This is what you've been wondering lately, isn't it?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at the size of those woolly bear stripes!!!

And the delicate lace of the woods behind the geese, who might be real, or might not. So much of life is baffling.

Northport looks wonderful in its new fall clothes. I'm glad you chose to open the store today.

Now I believe I'll go order more firewood. Who knows, maybe the woolly bear thing is for real.

P. J. Grath said...

I've never known how to interpret the woolly bear marks. Someone please enlighten me.

I too liked the appearance of that row of trees behind the geese, which looked even better under zoom.

Anonymous said...

So many questions in a day. Which shall we choose? I have been talking to many people lately who are having trouble deciding whether to turn left or right. I like that you decided that it's a choice to go to Dog Ears Books every day.

P. J. Grath said...

So, Kathy, did you figure out that those top two photos were the same caterpillar? I snapped him first from one side, then the other.

Anonymous said...

Good question, Pamela. I think I figured that out. Surely I did.