Search This Blog

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Stalking the Wild Fall Colors


Sunshine early and late in the day formed bookends to October 10, Leelanau, while the time between held a rainy, chilly chapter from some bleak Russian novel. But no matter. The bookstore was cozy. Sarah greeted and played, posed and flirted. And when we were all home again, it seemed only meet, right and salutary that I throw together a casserole of chicken, noodles, broccoli and cheese and pop it into the oven. All is well chez nous ce soir.








I am not letting myself write any more tonight, as I am nearing the end of a novel, the action of which takes place on October 9. 1999, that is. Still. I'd hoped to finish the book last night, on October 9 (albeit 2009), but I'm pleased now to have a few more chapters to enjoy. More on this book soon.

5 comments:

Gerry said...

Oh you got some good 'uns you did! It seems that our autumn is trying to be even briefer than our summer. I do not wish to consider possible meanings.

Jessica Winder said...

What gorgeous colours you have captured.

P. J. Grath said...

More coming when caught up on other work....

Anonymous said...

I think it's so cool you own a book store. I can't tell you how cool this is!

P. J. Grath said...

I must confess that, seventeen years in, it's still very cool to me, too!