Search This Blog

Monday, December 10, 2007

Back in (Photo) Business

Yes, it’s true! I found my good camera! It had not walked off, after all, and that makes me so happy! I’m very glad to have it back and overjoyed that it was my own forgetfulness rather than anyone else’s dishonesty at the root of the mystery. Of course, now the burden is on me to come up with good pictures.

Today not only is the sun out, but the sky is virtually cloudless, to boot, and I feel like Fate’s Little Darling. My camera, Bruce working in the shop, AND sunshine? To make the day complete, four boxes of used books made their way to the bookstore, among them one of my all-time favorites, Alfred Kazin’s A WALKER IN THE CITY. Magic memoir! This copy is an inexpensive paperback, but it has all Kazin’s wonderful stories and the added value of charming line drawings by Marvin Bileck.

My cup runneth over.

No comments: